I want to thank Rida for this wonderful interview and I hope you guys enjoy her answers as much as I did!
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself and what your blog is about.
I am 33 years old living in Georgia (USA) with a gracious husband I have known for over 10 years, and two amusing, creative toddlers. It is because of them, my days are never dull. Although I have been on this earth for 33 years, it wasn’t until a year ago that I realized that I have complete control over my life. It just clicked. All the rules I was following, the life I was leading was dictated by choices made because other people or society gave me the impression that this was how I should be or how I should act. So, I started writing my blog Meovermommy (now Revivingreality.com) to take back my life. At first my posts were to express the thoughts I was having during this pivotal moment and then the Pandemic took hold. I shifted the blog gradually to be less about me and more about others. I began interviewing other people and sharing pieces of their lives that were/are life-altering and how they are choosing to push on. From death, divorce, health issues, etc.
- When did you first start your blog and why?
I started blogging February 2020. Writing helps me relieve stress. When the words are swirling in my heart or my head, it’s therapeutic to write. Putting those words down on a public platform hopefully will connect with someone else who may have the same feelings I’m having.
- Your blog is very uplifting. What helps you stay hopeful when things aren’t going well?
Faith and gratitude. When things aren’t going well, my faith reminds me of what’s to come and what I’ve already overcome. Gratitude keeps me grounded in the moment. Reminding me of the lovely “little” things I may have forgotten.
- Why did you choose to blog and what is your favourite part about being a blogger/blogging?
My absolute favorite part about blogging is meeting different people and the intimacy and vunerability they have in sharing a piece of their lives with me (most of the time, a complete stranger). Also, knowing that it can provide a bit of comfort to share their stories makes me feel like I am doing some good. For this, I am so grateful.
- You talk about the importance of being honest and sharing the bad along with the good. Why do you think it’s important to share everything especially right now with a lot of people online- especially on social media- trying to look like they have the perfect life?
I’ve seen how social media has caused moments of low-feelings or even depression in those that I love. Many people forget that social media is just the highlights. It’s just to show those rare moments where you thought it worthy of a photo.
I wanted a space to showcase reality, show that everyone has something to overcome, and you are not alone. No one has it perfect, but you can control the life you live.
No matter what social media portrays we are ALL dealing with stuff. Mundane stuff, hard stuff, ugly stuff. BUT, you can get through it. Keep pushing.
- How has being a parent changed your life?
Parenting has shown me the areas where I still need growth. It has shown me that I need to work on my patience. My children are 2 and 3 and I have to continuously remind myself that they have not been in this world for long. Things I think they should know or remember, doesn’t come as easily to them.
- What has been your favourite post to write so far?
The interview posts are my absolute favorite. I could read them over and over. I don’t think I will ever get tired of doing them.
- What are some of your blogging goals for 2021?
My goal is to do more interviews and stay consistent. I hope to do in-person interviews once the Corona virus is under control.
- What is your favourite food?
Pasta, Pasta and more Pasta. I could eat it every day.
- If you could be anyone for a day, dead or alive, who would you choose to be?
I would be Prince. 1. Because I would love to play multiple instruments and sing on stage. His energy was everything. 2. He led such a private life. I am curious to know what things he did for fun, where he traveled, etc. I think I would need more than one day in his life. LOL
- What is your favourite TV show and favourite movie?
My favorite TV show is Martin and my favorite movie is The Wedding Crashers. I like to laugh and I can watch these repeatedly.
- Thanks again and please feel free to add anything that you would like to share with the readers.
If I can leave one thing with the readers —- Everyday won’t be sunshine but don’t forget to soak up the sun whenever you see it shining.
If anyone would like to share a story or testimony, please feel free to reach out to me at Ridajenay@gmail.com