I hope you enjoy this interview with Shelly– she is such a lovely person inside and out and I am so glad I have gotten to know her better through blogging. I was super excited to post this interview and I hope you enjoy her answers as much as I did.
- Thank you for being a part of this interview. Please tell us a little about yourself and what your blog is about.
Thanks for having me on your blog!
I’m just a girl trying to figure out life and have chosen to share it with you all. My blog initially started as a mom blog, since I had just become a mom, but I realised that writing about parenting just wasn’t my thing. So now I’ve rebranded my blog to be a lifestyle blog and I cover mental health, work life and your typical day to day things.
2. When did you create your blog and what pushed you to take this step?
I launched my blog on May 27, 2020 after spending 2 weeks just writing about whatever popped into my mind. I actually started it because I was having a tough time at work and needed an outlet.
3. I really like the name of your blog “growingwithspawn.” How did you come up with the name?
Hahah that name though… I call my daughter ‘spawn’ or ‘spawny’ because of an inside joke my husband and I have. Since it was supposed to be a mom blog, I decided to name it Growing With Spawn. When I rebranded, I didn’t change the name because it is still about growth, I am a millennial and I am still learning about life even though I am now a parent.
4. As someone who has a lot of things going on how do you find time to balance all that and continue blogging regularly?
To be honest, I’m not really sure! Writing is fun for me, so it doesn’t feel like work at all. And having the pandemic restrictions just means that I spend a lot more time indoors than usual. I write when I’m bored, when I’m excited, when I’m happy, etc
5. What are some tips you would give to readers who are struggling to balance working, parenting and blogging?
I would say that they should prioritise their parenting first, job second and then blog last. Blogging should be fun, so if you do it when you have other things on your mind, it will feel like a chore. Also, you don’t make money from it that easily so of course work is more urgent. I would also say to be prepared to write at any time of the day. Sometimes my inspiration come when Im soaking in a tub, or when I’m cooking. Those are the times I usually blog the most actually! And blog in bulk! I wrote a post
in it a while ago which might help some people.
6. On your blog you talk about your experiences with mental health such as your experiences with anxiety. Has blogging affected your mental health in any way either positively or negatively?
Blogging has actually been a rollercoaster ride for me. In the beginning stages, I was learning a lot so I was excited to experience every milestone. Then I got addicted
to the stats and had to take a step back to reevaluate my approach. I’ve found that I need to constantly be learning and evolving so that I don’t fall back into that obsession. It’s been good to express myself though. I find that I am not nearly as stressed as I used to be.
7. What advice would you give someone who is currently suffering from anxiety?
Breathe. Speak to someone (preferably a professional. Write down everything in your mind whenever something new starts to bug you. You would be surprised how small the thing becomes when it has been narrowed down to a single word or sentence!
8. In what ways has being a parent changed your life?
Life has changed for the better, to be honest. I think the biggest changes came when I got postpartum depression and had to see a psychiatrist. It was then that I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety that dated back to when I was a teen! So now I am chilled, happy and definitely more patient lol
9. What is your favourite food?
Pizza pizza pizza!!!
10. What is your favourite TV show to binge-watch?
I have been a hardcore Grey’s Anatomy fan since it first started! But I just fell in love with Netflix’s Bridgerton. I think that one stole my heart 😀
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
Jamaica! Those beaches look so cool! And I love to see people dancing reggaeton.
12. What is your spirit animal?
I don’t know what that is lol
13. What is one of your favourite childhood memories?
Waking up before sunrise and going for a swim then being scolded by my mom and asked to get out for breakfast. So my sister and I would get out of the pool and climb a tree instead. My mom was cool enough to bring the food to the tree! Lol
14. Thanks again and please feel free to add anything you would like to share with the readers.
I just wanted to say thanks a bunch Pooja for having me here. I’ve loved your blog since I fist found it and it is such an honour to be interviewed by you! You kinda rock.
If you enjoyed this interview don’t forget to stop by Shelly’s blog by clicking here.
If you would like to be interviewed please send me your name (optional), the name of your blog and a link to your blog via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m a little busy at the moment and have quite a few interviews ready to post so please don’t worry if I don’t respond immediately. I will definitely respond as soon as possible.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Twitter Instagram Pinterest LinkedIn HubPages
Email me on(guest posts welcome!): email@example.com