Vegetable Pancake Recipe
This is another fabulous and delicious recipe from my mum! She is a really great cook and I always tell her she needs to start a YouTube channel or something. Anyway, she wanted to share this vegetable pancake recipe with you guys since last year but I took a break from blogging and then I got busy with school so I wasn’t able to post until now. It’s such a simple, healthy and delicious recipe I’m sure you guys will enjoy it if you try it.
2 medium potatoes
1 small or 1/2 a large beet
4-5 cloves of garlic
A few coriander leaves
These were the vegetables my mum used but feel free to substitute them with other vegetables that you prefer or may have in the fridge.
- Grate all the vegetables and mince the coriander, garlic and ginger.
- Mix the this with 3-4 tbsp. of rice flour/plain flour or any flour you prefer. You can use a GF flour if you want to make this recipe GF.
- Add salt and black pepper to the mixture according to your taste- I added 1 tsp. of salt and 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Mix everything really well.
- Add a bit of oil to a skillet/frying pan and add enough of the mixture to make a pancake- see image below. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes and check to see if it’s done. When the bottom is done flip it over and cook the other side till both sides are cooked well and crispy.
- Repeat this till all your pancakes are done.
- You can garnish the pancakes with some fresh coriander leaves if you like.
- You can serve this with plain “dahi” (yogurt) or if you’re vegan you can serve it with vegan plain yogurt or vegan mayonnaise. Enjoy!
Have you tried vegetable pancakes? Is this something you would try? Do you like coriander because a lot of people surprisingly don’t? What is your favourite vegetable? Let me know in the comments below or simply stop by and say hi because I always love hearing from you in the comments!
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Twitter Instagram Pinterest LinkedIn HubPages
Email me on(guest posts welcome!): firstname.lastname@example.org