Korean Fried Cauliflower
As you guys may have guessed I love Korean food and one of my favourite things to do is try to make vegan versions of popular Korean food. Korean Fried Chicken or KFC (not that one) is a very popular Korean dish and I always see people eat it in Kdramas so I thought I would try making a vegan version of it.
I decided to use cauliflower wings instead of chicken but you can substitute the chicken with anything you prefer such as soy wings, broccoli or even tofu. I used premade cauliflower wings which I just had to heat in the oven but if you want a recipe for how to make vegan cauliflower wings click here. I used the Wholly Veggie brand cauliflower wings so if you are like me and don’t want to fry your own I would definitely recommend those.
I talked about making this dish in one of my What I Eat In A Day posts and I’ve been meanng to share the recipe since that post but haven’t had the time so I decided to finally share it today.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try because it is one of my favourite dishes I have made so far!
2 spring onions
Korean dried or fresh red chili peppers- can be substituted with regular chili peppers.
Korean red chili pepper flakes- optional
- Mix about 2 tbsp. of soy sauce, 1/2 tsp of water, 2 tsp of gochujang, 1/2 tsp of sugar and 1/2 tsp of Korean red chili pepper flakes/powder. Mix everything well until it becomes a liquidy paste. If it’s too thick add a little more soy sauce or water.
- Chop the dried or fresh pepper (I usually use one but feel free to use more or less according to your taste) and add it to a pan with about 1tbs of garlic and 1/2 tbsp. of ginger and about 1 or 2 tsp of oil and let it heat on medium high heat for about a minute or two till the ginger and garlic are golden brown.
- Now add the mix we made earlier to the pan and let it cook for about a minute.
- Now add in the cauliflower and mix well till all the cauliflower wings are evenly coated.
- Garnish with some chopped spring onions and sesame seeds. You can garnish it with fried peanuts too if you don’t have spring onions or sesame seeds.
- Enjoy on it’s own or with some rice like and veggies like I did!
Tips: Korean food tends to be a bit spicy but if you like more mild flavoured food use less of the peppers, leave out the pepper flakes/powder and use less gochujang. People also usually put in some vinegar but I don’t use vinegar so I didn’t add any but if you want it a bit sour feel free to add a little vinegar too. The soy sauce is a bit salty which I love but if you don’t feel free to add a bit more water to the mix to tone down the flavours more.
Do you like Korean food? Have you ever had or made fried cauliflower before? Have you tried Korean fried cauliflower? What’s your favourite Korean food? As always let me know in the comments below because I love hearing your thoughts or simply stop by and say hi!
For more recipes click here.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on(guest posts welcome!): email@example.com