We’ve all been dabbling with home working since the start of the pandemic, and there are some of us who have decided to make it permanent. It can be a challenge as I’ve mentioned in one of my older posts, but it’s also an attractive place to work when you don’t want to work in person anymore.
As I mentioned earlier, I really wanted to do a series of posts about working from home and today I decided to talk about how to make your home office more comfortable because working in a comfortable environment is important. It can really help you be more productive. I also had so much fun decorating and getting everything together I wanted to share some tips with you guys on how you can do the same because I read in the comments that some of you guys are also working from home.
Anyway, here are five ways to make your home office more comfortable:
- Make sure that you take breaks. It’s harder to take breaks at home than you think it is. You need to be a productive worker and the best way to do that is to put breaks into your schedule. If you know you have some breaks on your timetable for the day, you’re going to be able to concentrate better on what you have to do to get through your working day. Regular breaks will also reduce your need to go and see what’s in the refrigerator every half an hour.
- Lean into ergonomic furniture. From an ergonomic chair to an ergonomic desk, you should make a point of having everything in the office as ergonomic as possible. It’s actually a mistake to skip out on this one as you can end up with achy parts of the body and because you’re at home, you are in control.
- Keep it temperature controlled. No one is near you to fight you over the heating or the air conditioning, which means that you are in total control. One of the biggest ways to make your home office more comfortable is to ensure that you keep the temperature under control. You shouldn’t ever sit in any workplace feeling like you can’t get comfortable! Having the room slightly colder is apparently helpful if you’re trying to be more productive.
- Stock it up. A comfortable office is well stocked with all kinds of supplies. Consider how you can improve your working day when you know that you have everything from a stocked stationery cabinet to a stocked refrigerator. I’m also just big on stationery- it’s just so much fun to use even as an adult lol!
- Decorate the space. If you know that you are in charge of your home office, make it feel comfortable! Integrate personal photos and decor and add cushions, curtains and colors that allow you to feel relaxed and focused. Change things up every now and then, too, so that you can avoid making the office a boring place to be.
Your office at home is yours to control which means that you can make it as comfortable as possible. You can take control of the space and you can think about what you want your office to look like. This gives you a lot of freedom and you can spend time making it look wonderful.
I hope this post was helpful. Do you work from home? Do you have a work office? How do you make it more comfortable? Let me know in the comments below- I would love to hear your thoughts!
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on(guest posts welcome!): email@example.com