Korean Style Vegetable Pancake Recipe
This is one of my favourite Korean vegan recipes to make. This recipe is so simple and fast to make and it’s also a great way to use up any vegetables that may be left. I know I put down specific vegetables but you can always add other that you think will go well with this recipe. I used carrots instead of sweet potatoes once with the rest of the recipe the same and it tasted surprisingly good even though as you probably know I hate carrots.
The reason I shared this recipe is because I know a lot of people are trying out new foods, however, a lot of recipes can be complicated plus a lot of ingredients may not always be available to everyone. Therefore, I decided to share a relatively easy recipe with very few ingredients and very few steps. Of course this recipe is completely vegan as always!
As you guys can probably tell from my What I Eat In A Day posts and my other recipe posts I absolutely love Korean food. The flavours are exactly what I like and I love the mix of sweet, sour, savoury and spicy that most of their food has. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do try it out be sure to let me know how it turns out!
1 sweet potato
1 bunch of spring onions
1 white onion
1 tbs minced ginger
1/2 tbs minced garlic
1 cup plain flour
4 tbs rice flour
Red pepper powder
If you don’t have store bought gochujang you can make it at home using this recipe.
- Cut all the vegetables julienne style- the thinner you cut them the more crispy the pancake will turn out.
- Mix the cut vegetables, the garlic, the ginger, and the two flours together. I wrote 1 cup of plain flour but put a little in first and add more accordingly because of for these pancakes there is supposed to be very little flour and a lot of veggies. Put in enough flour that the vegetables are well coated but not more than that.
- Add salt, soy sauce, gochujang and red pepper powder according to your taste. I usually add about 1 tbs of soy sauce, 1 tbs of gochujang and half a tsp of red pepper powder however if you like very mild food add less gochujang and red pepper powder.
- Mix everything together really well.
- Add a bit of oil to your pan and add enough of the mix for one pancake and cook it on low to medium heat till it’s brown and crispy on both sides. Don’t cook it on very high heat as
Have you ever had a Korean vegetable pancake? If not are you going to try making one? Do you like Korean food? Are you a fan of spicy food or do you prefer mild food? Do you eat relatively healthy or do you need some junk in your life? Let me know in the comments below!
For more recipes click here.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Twitter Instagram Pinterest LinkedIn HubPages
Email me on(guest posts welcome!): firstname.lastname@example.org